I enjoyed #24 of Laurence Brownlie in his (then) new Brabham having its first try-out at Teretonga. I remember taking the photo quite clearly. It was a mid-week day in Nov 1967, and as a 15 yr old I biked out to Teretonga after school with my (Dad's) camera and crouched in a ditch on the outside of "the loop" corner, a position I wouldnt normally be able to photograph from on a race day. I had been tipped off by SSCC member Donald McDonald that Laurence would be there testing his new car.
Laurence was giving the car a real workout and as I was looking through the lens as it rounded "the loop" the car was moving around on the track as it was drifted at the limit. The car control was very impressive!!

I remember looking at the Brabham in the pits that day and noting that the tyres had the name "Rindt" on them in white chalk.
That was fairly impressive to me!! The motor was a Lotus Ford Twin Cam modified by Vegantune as I remember.

There was great excitement amongst the handful of people present as they looked at this beautiful Brabham and imagined how well Laurence was going to do with it in the coming season.
Little did we know it would turn to custard after contact with Denny Hulme in the Pukekohe NZIGP race less than 2 months later.