[QUOTE=rf84;41330]If you read my post Crunch, I was referring to MANZ banning competitors who raced at speedway, not MSNZ. This happened in the early 1970's. I was talking to two of those involved just a day or two ago at the HB Rally "after match" and they confirmed that their MANZ licences were revoked.
QUOTE]

Hmmm, don't recall the likes of Steve & Rod Millen, Noel Goodwin, Jim Richards, Ron Kendall just to name
a few of the Auckland group of that period, having any licence difficulties whilst competing in both speedway and MANZ events.
However there were a few that fell foul of the Speedway Board of Control as I think it was called at the time for competing in "black track" speedway events organised by a rival group within the speedway promoters

It could be that these people were competing in these outlaw events and that the Speedway Board pulled their licences and then asked MANZ to abide by their ruling which they would then be bound to do.

I seem to recall that there was a black track out Kumeu way somewhere and again if I recall correctly the disputes between the promoters were settled in a short period of time and all was well once again.

I know that as a competitor I was informed about the ties between Speedway and Motorsport and how the penalties from one organisation rolled over to the other one and that we needed to ensure that we were competing in the correctly approved and licenced events or we could find our rights to competition compromised.