Yes Grant, that is my 4 door Morris Minor. Bought it for 80 quid and sold it a year later for 90 Pound. I should have been a salesman for you ! As our gearbox department was about half a mile from the race shop the Morrie was like a shuttle and people would pile in to go to lunch at the cafeteria. There was always interesting people in there along with lots of stories. I enjoyed the older craftsmen who lived there in Croydon during the war and their stories of German V-1 bomber strikes and a lot of bombs were dropped on Croydon so the Luftwaffe could make it back to Germany plus Biggen Hill airfield was nearby. Many drivers such as Denis Hulme, Jody Scheckter,Barry Sheene etc would also come in and sit at the tables. I remember A Scotch driver, Gerry Birrell lunching with us on a
Tuesday and on the Saturday he was killed in a Formula 2 race in Rouen, France.
I was surprised at how few of the Trojan staff went to race meetings as building a race car was just a job !
I enjoyed going to as many meetings as I could. Being with Hewland gearboxes, I could get in and hang out with winning teams !

( Ken Hyndman )