I would find it difficult to see why Tony would want to drastically change the commercial model that appears to be working so well at HD. With so many days taken up with paying events why change it.

Tony and Chris are to be given a standing ovation for having the foresight and the guts to drive this circuit to fruition in the face of so much crap from self interested people and the great Kiwi knockers. They have my total admiration for what they have achieved.

I have often stood down at the back of the circuit and looked out at the area of weeds and scrub and wondered if I would ever see the complex and the track in particular completed. The extension will give the complex a truly international circuit and it will be interesting to see what events can be attracted to the facility to make use of them.

Talking to some of the Aussie Trans-Am people in January and from what we see here in NZ the historics are the classes that are attracting the biggest crowds and again taking these from any on-going calendar would seem to be a very retrograde step.

Reading the above articles on Tony Quinn it would seem that he is a motorsport fan first and I am sure that both Tony and Chris (both involved with historics) will be pushing hard for their inclusion in the annual calendars going forward.

The future of motorsport in the upper North Island will certainly be interesting over the next couple of years.