Thread: Bob Jane Camaro - Beneath The Skin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    [/QUOTE]

....the world is an interesting place,some times you get the opportunity to meet somebody that has a real 'Impact' on your life!!!!!
    I had the pleasure to come into contact, here in Melbourne,with an American Gentleman,in the true sense of the word, Jim Hartz,

Jim's enthusiasim for all things PPG ( the Automotive Paint Company/USA ) was infectious,but better still, he had a total understanding and passion for the World of 'Custom Paint',he embraced and understood the commitment required to get a 'Great' result, he understood his product range like he had desgined it himself

Jim was,I Believe, head of the group,based in Sydney,that was instrumental in formulating the take-over/buy-out of the 'Dulux Automotive Group', (now, PPG Australia) this was some years back and durring that time ,Jim supported 'Loose' canons like myself with our Custom Paint fantasies and questions!!

Durring one of our 'bench racing' sessions (by Phone!!) I explained how excited I was to have the opportunity to rebuild the Bob Jane Camaro, a Real 'ZEEEE EL One',Jim was right up with the breed,going on to tell me that PPG had been the 'Original' supplier of paint to GM/USA,'69 Camaro colour was 'HUGGER ORANGE' and was also used on the Corvette!! Jim imformed me....a plan formulated in my mind,....."So why don't we paint it with genuine PPG Again"!!!!?........so when it came time for paint and the "Red Dress' to go on ,Jim, by now back in the USA organised for PPG Australia to supply our paint needs,they where fantastic and the product is better than excellent,never once did they complain as to how much we used,consider to that this October the Camaro will be 10yrs old and the paint job when you get to see it has never been 'Cut-n-polished....ever!!!....it shines like it was painted yesterday......to Jimmy in retirement,'Your Health,and Thank You!!!....To Andrew (ex Dulux/PPG),then Tony ( who has a 'Killer' '69/Camaro Z/28)and the team at PPG Melbourne, a Heart felt 'thank you' for your support all these years.....regards Thunder427/Myles Johnson

NB; If considering the 'what will I use' paint factor,consider first PPG,I say this with '40 something behind a spray gun,(starting in the old 'acrylic Laquer' Days/ yep!!,Happy Days!) three things,User friendly,great colour range that goes back to the 30's,excellent product back up and 'Yes' I use other brands as you do to check out 'whats what'.....but I find I wind up back at the PPG counter !!!!.....unashamable addvitorial !!!...................may your paint job be 'Dust Free' ......MJ
    Last edited by thunder427; 09-05-2011 at 01:21 PM.