Thread: 1967 Road America Can-Am

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steve, I will endeavor to put some bits together on this guy. His name is Skip Scott (Robert Livingston Scott) and he did a heap of racing in Can Am and Le Mans Etc back in the 60/70's. He was actually a personal friend of Mr Ford. Any way in his later years he shifted over to NZ and up to the Bay of Islands and had a big charter boat. I got to know him very well and unfortunatly Skip passed on about 5 years ago from a illness which was caused by his previous life and his fancy of Vodka. This started when his best friend Peter Revson was killed basically in front of him It was very sad actually to see a person who had done so much go down hill so badly. We spent alot of time fishing before Skip became ill and we spent alot of time talking/discussing the days of racing and how it was then and how it is now. Skip was here on his own and we became kind of family to him as he would spend xmas day with us and spoilt my daughters. My wife and myself spent the last 2 years of Skips life doing our best to look after him. His family (children) are very nice people and gave me some videos of Skip racing but I sent them back to them when Skip passed, i wish i had copied them. I will try and make contact and see what i can get. He was a bit of a hard case and charmer when we could keep him away from the Vody with an amazing history of racing in all sorts. He co-drove with Denny Hulme and all sorts, so i will try and put some bits together.
    I still think of him and wonder what a waste of great career, and not many people even knew of his past he just told me one day he used to race and was a mate of Mr Ford.
    Attached Images Attached Images