Thread: Photos: The Ken Hyndman Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    During my posting on the Damon Hill thread I kept thinking I had taken a photo of Graham Hill at Long Beach talking to my friend Graham Donaldson and getting Graham to come on board the Hill Embassy Team and be a mechanic for Tony Brise in the 1976 Formula One Season. After the US 1975 F5000 season Graham D. went back to England and looked for a place to live while the Hill team went testing in France. That is why he was not on that fateful flight.
    Anyway this weekend I was cleaning out and came across some old photos of a house we had in San Diego and stuck at the bottom of the envelope were some negatives that I have attempted to develop. So here we go from the Hyndman archives.
    First the photo I took of Graham Hill talking to Graham Donaldson during practice for the Inaugural Long Beach Grand Prix in Sept. 1975.
    Name:  PICT0011.JPG
Views: 1156
Size:  100.4 KB
    (Ken Hyndman photo )

Name:  1975 Long Beach.Tony Brise..jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  132.5 KB
    (Ken Hyndman photo )
    Teddy Yip, Julian Randles and Graham Donaldson prepare good old # 64 to go out for practice.
    Tony Brise enjoyed driving this Lola T 332 chassis # HU37. As I have mentioned it was not a pretty car but it was fast with Tony driving.

Name:  PICT0028.JPG
Views: 1201
Size:  177.9 KB
    (Ken Hyndman photo )
    Tony put on a great drive in # 64 but a half shaft broke at this corner on the next lap.
    Then it was onto Laguna Seca and a month later I would meet up with the Theodore Racing team
    again at Riverside. October 26. 1975.
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 01-10-2017 at 02:25 AM.