Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
Grant,
Speaking of Cameron Road, when we came out to NZ in 1990 I got hold of this XD with the front bench seat and a boot full of a CNG tank from an unnamed salesman close to Roly's lot. I told him we, as a family of 4 were going to take it around the South Island and he assured me of what great mileage I would get with the CNG set up. So we ferry over and I drove into Nelson and started looking for CNG outlets. The BP operator gave me a hard time for being suckered into believing the salesman as there was no CNG in the SI at that time ! She was a great cruiser although when we stopped near Motueka and left a window open while on the beach the wasps invaded and slowed us down a bit. Made it back to Tauranga and found that when we visited the farm we could get the sheep moved as they loved to follow the "family Falcon" perhaps they had picked up my habit of "sniffing the fumes." I tried to sell it after a year but it had a lot of rust and failed WOF. A friend took it and probably made it into a farm trailer or a "paddock racer." So there you have a piece of completely irrelevant information but after seeing the Pukekohe Falcon XD pics. I thought I would throw in another memory.
Name:  Sprague-Hannell-B&H-81.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  138.7 KB
Sprague Falcon at Pukekohe. 1981. (Thanks Ross )

Name:  1990_The family Falcon.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  60.6 KB
Hyndman's Family Falcon on the farm. 1990
Hi Ken, would you be able to email me a cope of this photo so I can use it in my upcoming Fords book?