Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Subjects Wanted For New Ford And Holden Books

World Champion
    Going barefoot was part of growing up in Kiwitahi. My mate Neil would arrive and we would drive over the farm looking for something to shoot at, even eels in the creek !. This 1964 ? Anglia 1300 with Weber DGV was a good running beast and we could get it up to 100 mph on the straights between Morrinsville and Hamilton. Note the safety features of the cockpit with that steering wheel before the days of airbags ! ( None )
    Anyway good memories of my life in the Waikato. (I apologize for boring you all with stuff about me but it I have to empty my "shoe box" ) BTW. I sold this Anglia to Craig Pullman before I went to Australia in 1970.
    Name:  Anglia. April 1969.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  Anglia hunting vehicle..jpg
Views: 523
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  Anglia # 3.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  104.4 KB

Name:  Anglia interior 1969.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  92.6 KB

(Ken Hyndman)

gee love to have it now

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Going barefoot was part of growing up in Kiwitahi. My mate Neil would arrive and we would drive over the farm looking for something to shoot at, even eels in the creek !. This 1964 ? Anglia 1300 with Weber DGV was a good running beast and we could get it up to 100 mph on the straights between Morrinsville and Hamilton. Note the safety features of the cockpit with that steering wheel before the days of airbags ! ( None )
    Anyway good memories of my life in the Waikato. (I apologize for boring you all with stuff about me but it I have to empty my "shoe box" ) BTW. I sold this Anglia to Craig Pullman before I went to Australia in 1970.
    Name:  Anglia. April 1969.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  Anglia hunting vehicle..jpg
Views: 523
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  Anglia # 3.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  104.4 KB

Name:  Anglia interior 1969.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  92.6 KB

(Ken Hyndman)
    Wow Ken, these are neat photos! Could you please send me high res versions like you did with the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    gee love to have it now
    Rod you must have a few cool old photos from the various Fords in your past?

This from the 1985 Maramarua Rally.

Name:  85 Maramarua Prefect.JPG
Views: 496
Size:  45.4 KB

Wow Milan that is cool! Would you mind emailing me a larger format version of it? Thanks so much Milan.

World Champion
    One more Anglia angle. You will note that mine has a tow hitch which was not a great set up when I tried to haul my brother's racing Mini to Pukekohe from Auckland in 1969. As I approached the "Tip Top" factory corner I decided to pass a slower vehicle and suddenly the Anglia is "hop scotching" across the motorway and the trailer almost came unhitched but I managed to slow in time but everyone around was greatly amused and honked and waved at such stupidity !. But the hitch was good for towing a trailer on the farm and bringing in distressed sheep during the lambing season so all was not lost.

Name:  hyndman anglia in 1969.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  96.7 KB

Name:  anglia on the farm.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  185.4 KB

It is time to get the "flock" out of here !

(Ken Hyndman )

Ken, where did you get the widened steel wheels from?

What colour was that 105E Ken?

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Ken, where did you get the widened steel wheels from?
    Steve,
    I bought the car from a friend and he claimed it was set up by Jim Palmer's family garage in Hamilton.
    It certainly was a good handling car. So I don't know much about the wheels. I just thrashed it !

World Champion
    Rhys,
    It was a light blue Anglia.
    Were you one of the ones that would blow past me going over the Kaimais to Bay Park ?
    p.s.
    Have you moved to live in England now ?
    Stay safe or you could shelter over here in California !

(Ken H)

253, 4 speed owned my my friend Quentin in 1978