Thread: No more info required

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Marmon

Back in about 1947 petrol was also very hard to come by in Australia and my Dad had a very early model Burgundy colored Marmon sedan,I am not sure of the year, but it would have been a mid to late 30's model at the time, I cannot remember if it was, or whether it was a V16 as the one in this photo but if it was, it would have appealed to my Dad, as flying Spitfires and Kitty Hawks he would have been used to having at least 12 cylinders in front of him.My Father died at the early age of 39 as results of the war .

Name:  IMG_0122.JPG
Views: 611
Size:  51.4 KB

I didn't know much about it, only that it appeared to be nearly as big as an ARA bus and used fuel accordingly,my dad having just come back from the war and being a fighter pilot, would mix up, along with my uncles this fuel mix, which consisted of 50% petrol 50% kerosene and they put some other additive into the mix that was suppose to help your car to run on this 50% petrol and 50% kero.

Name:  IMG_2267.JPG
Views: 668
Size:  56.3 KB

The above photo is what my Father's Marmon was like, except his was a hard top sedan, to me as a kid it was huge ,I remember sitting in the back seat with my brother along with one of my uncles and my brother and myself's push bikes,in the back, across the back of the front seat ..
    Last edited by markson; 07-07-2017 at 05:52 PM.