Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
Jim Crystall was I understand one of the original orgainisors of the BMC Intermaque race series.
A great tribute to Jim and any photos and information is very welcome.
Cheers
Bruce
Just for the record, Donn White created the BMC Series but after ten years, there was a major dispute between Jim and Donn regarding the last round and as a result, Donn walked away from the BMC Series.

I was asked to take it on by Derek Prior.

At the end of my first season, where Jim was equal winner with Nick Wilcox, we made the change from 1 scratch race and 1 handicap to 2 handicaps, as this was less biased towards the faster cars, which was partly the reason for Jim's stance.

Jim stalked off with the BMC Trophy tucked under his arm, muttering that I had 'turned it into nothing but a lottery'. Jim failed to hand over the BMC Trophy to Nick after six months and it was in fact several years before it was returned. (By then, Jim's health was in decline and he'd given up racing.) Meanwhile Jim I believe was indeed involved in the Inter Marque Series, but it was nothing whatever to do with the BMC Series, which was renamed the Leisuretime Series and then split to add the Tracer Series, but both under the same rules and structure and under the overall umbrella of the ERC Series.

It is important that the history is accurate and there is much more I could add about Jim's involvement but this is not the place!

Fantastic that the car is returning to the tracks and I look forward to seeing it.