Thread: BUILD THREAD For 1964 Falcon Sprint to Monte Carlo Rallye FIA spec'

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Bruce.

Now this is not a Falcon
    But its 1964 and demonstrates what the experimental NASCAR 1964 Fairlane (sport coupe model) that was at Alan Mann racing in 64 was all about. This car was one of 3 recreations re-made by Holman Moody In 2003. 2 cars had FIA status but I believe they changed the cars around and this was pulled by FIA. The engine was a 427 big block FE. Just listen to that big block sound... music to my ears!

The experimental NASCAR 1964 Fairlane (sport coupe model) car is not to be confused with the 1964 Fairlane 427 Thunderbolt, which was a 2 door post model and was built only for drag racing.

The Experimental NASCAR 1964 Fairlane 2 door Sport Coupe model with a 427 was a completely different project as Ford wanted to transition out of full chassis Galaxies for NASCAR. Holman Moody built the 1964 experimental NASCAR 427 Sport coupe Fairlanes in secret and 1 was shipped to UK, Alan Mann racing for testing, I believe it was very successful. Later Alan Mann Racing offered up a number of Ford race cars including this car for sale. It was never seen again. I believe it went back to USA.
    It was Fireball Roberts who raced such a car in USA at The 1964 DAYTONA CONTINENTAL MEETING This was partly International, for the World Championship of Makes (16.02.1964).
    The FORD Fairlane was in fact entered in the AMERICAN CHALLENGE CUP race and this is not recognised as an FIA International Competition, it took place as an opening race on the 15.02.1964. He came 2nd in this race

Last edited by Paul B; 01-26-2018 at 04:00 AM.