By way of an update, earlier this year I sold my 1964 Falcon Rallye Sprint replica after 28-years of fabulous racing enjoyment. It has gone to a new owner in Melbourne who has upgraded from a '64 Mustang. My soft landing was a 2004 Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR which I am using in speed events (time trials) and thoroughly enjoying all the 'mod cons'.

All the recent nostalgia stuff on this thread prompted me to go find some of my old stuff. I was fortunate to spend the 1992 British Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone with (Sir) Jackie Stewart; courtesy of British Aerospace who were trying to sell my company some new aircraft. At the time JYS was heavily involved in Paul Stewart Racing who were contesting F3 and F3000.Their drivers (with whom I got to spend quite a bit of time) were Gil DeFerran and Dario Franchitti. Both went on to great feats in motor racing.

Knowing of my Rallye Sprint racing, JYS had arranged lunch (at the BRDC) with Jack Sears. We spent a leisurely lunch (2+ hours) talking all things Lotus Cortina, Falcon and Galaxie. I managed to get a couple of happy snaps which are attached. I was saddened to hear of Jack Sears' death in May this year.

When I find them, I'll also post some details of my visit to Alan Mann on another trip to the UK.

Name:  JYS&WJM-Silverstone-10Jul1992.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  82.0 KB
Name:  JYS&JackSears-Silverstone-10Jul1992.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  116.6 KB