Well, it was 2011 when I started this thread on here requesting photos and information for the recreation of the Morrari for my Dad, Mark Stokes.

Nearly at mid 2020 and where are we at? Well hot rodding has always been our primary focus but thankfully the Morrari has always been on our radar and is a project I am undertaking at my business GMS Hot Rods.

What has actually happened since 2011 is that we have pretty much exhausted all avenues of research and photo or information requests.

I wrote letters to alot of the magazines - NZ Hot Rod, Petrolhead, NZV8, Classic Car and Classic Driver, we posted here and on Facebook and Instagram.

As you can appreciate we learnt fast that of the people still alive that had information about the car it was sometimes confused or vague or conflicting.

So we have reached a point where we have a reasonable understanding of the car in terms of its chassis and suspension layout and even a vague thought of the interior layout.

Rod Tempero has been very helpful with front suspension pieces so these have been mounted on fixtures at wheel track and ride height on the chassis table and we are currently filling in the gaps in terms of the chassis itself with the 327 Corvette engine also positioned on the table.

A distraction or curveball to the progress has been the addition of another project in Dads stable - the restoration of Road Hog - a shortened and raked Model A sedan built by Ray Carter in the early seventies with a Y-block engine and F5000 style tyres on it.

We must thank alot of people along the Morrari path to date who have showed alot of enthusiasm towards it with ideas, advice and suggestions.