Thread: Monterey Historic Automobile Races - 1982.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cold Spring Tavern - a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Roger,
    You would have passed right by Los Olivos and Mattei's Tavern as you headed north from Cold Spring Tavern in 1982. The taverns were about one day of stagecoach travel back in the 1880s. Sorry I missed seeing you all back then. We had a VW Kombi also at that time.
    KH.
    The Tavern - photo from July - August 1982.

Name:  Cold Spring #015 The Tavern July 1982 R Dowding  (640x508) (2).jpg
Views: 265
Size:  107.3 KB

- their own more recent photo - from about 2015 .. looks a bit different but still OLD !!

Name:  Cold Spring #018 Cold Springs Tavern Santa Barbara -website photo  (2) (640x427).jpg
Views: 263
Size:  173.8 KB

The Mailer - brochure - must photograph the inside has the story in it.

Name:  Cold Spring #017 Cold Spring Tavern Santa Barbara Mailer w story Roger Dowding (3) (640x405).jpg
Views: 273
Size:  76.8 KB

" Sorry I missed seeing you all back then. We had a VW Kombi also at that time. "

Ken H, yes me too, we knew several of the same people, the Healey Guys ; -
    Hans Nohr, Walt Glendenning,
    and the Apprentice Eric Grunden who worked for Jim Mann who ran a VW workshop owned a 3000 as was in partnership with Walt in " Absolutely British ".. Others would have been to Moss Motors too, as all working on Healeys and other " British " Sports Cars ..
    I think we went to Moss Motors at the time - can;t remember exactly where it was but think near Santa Monica.

Cheers

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 02-21-2022 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Ken H notes ###47