Thread: Bucklers!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buckler with Ian Hallet in 1982. the TACCOC sprints/races.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Interesting stuff, thanks BMC BOY for the photos, question, who is in the Car - dark body white stripe and Roundel for the race number, the Gent has a beard, from a 1982 TACCOC sprint, ??, From memory he was quite an authority on Bucklers like Bruce Sutcliffe, and a member of the Waitemata branch of the Vintage Car Club, that ran Chelsea and other sprints / hillclimbs. ( Lyle Chambers, who had a 1930's BSA front wheel drive [ 4 wheel ] special - with a side valve Ford 10 engine in place of the four cylinder BSA, new him well. the said BSA was run at a Pukekohe sprint with owner Lyle driving and myself been given time to do a few laps too The BSA could hit about 80 mph on the back straight at Pukekohe [ pre-chicanes ] ). Also remember the Glendene Sprints, [ as pictured earlier ] where the Bucklers were and Peter Bruin's, beautiful Lotus 11 sports [ where is that car now ??].
    Just going back over this thread - back to 2013 - as have recently seen a few photos by Peter Preston when he owned the Buckler that is now with Mark Garmey, and a previous custodian was " Oldfart " - Rhys Nolan.

To answer my own question ? above.

The Gentleman in the Dark Car with White Stripe TACCOC 1982 by Ross Cammick - is that Ian Hallet ?, who I have seen in a photo with Bruce Sutcliffe and another Buckler Driver, when they won the Team Prize at a Perrier Le Mans Relay Race at Pukekohe in 1982.
    The photo, in Post #267, has Bruce Sutcliffe -left, Gentleman with a beard Q centre, and Ian Hallett also with a beard. SSharp noted in 2013 that the Gent in question was quote " That's David Childs. ".
    I am now trying to recall what colour Ian Hallets car was. Think it may have been one colour
    Now to find the photos, again.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 05-15-2022 at 12:06 AM. Reason: more info #### 47