what can i say about allan,you can go to the net and go to GROWN UPS.there you will find a lot that allan has put up about himself, as he has gone through life.i have to say the story about his very dear girl and the fight for life ,she went thought i have to say got to me.you can read this very sad story on the net,i got to met allan over the radio and at manfield and pukekohe .one night about 18 years ago i was told by my lady that allan comes on the radio at 8pm, so when my lady went to bed i rang allan and we talked about motor racing and what was going on in nz. i talked to him a little bit about what cars that i had,he has done too storys on the cars that made good reading.i understand he has sold up his car magazines and moved to oamaru ,looks a very nice place to live.that is how i came to met allan dick,there must be hundreds out there who have met allan as he has gone about his working life, may be some could put up some good storys about running into him, i found him the salt of the earth a good man,he gave life to one that they could live as he says in one of his storys on the net.--so how about it lets hear from all of you out there.