Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Race Replica Debate

jim short-mmm-i think there is a photo of you next to the custaxie at hampton downs on the roaring season,i had plans to come up to hampton downs on the weekend 20-21-22-january to have a look see.to have a look over the custaxie that i think was going to be there,but as i have been told has been sold to someone in wanganui.there is a car show on that weekend in wanganui allso ,and the custaxie could be there,it looks like the car will not be raced again at all,hope not will have to wait and see on this one.did you know its allans birthday on the 4th of february this year,no i have not seen allan wind himself up,ok would this do it i get my hands on some home made rum and we all turn up on his birthday, would that wind him up jim.

to rogered from hamilton--i have put the story up.

to 105 angria--all this went on 44 years ago,lights were fitted to the car front and back, thats all they said had to be done to the car for the reg and wof-there you have it.

Man i only just reade geralds speile{146}ande in my defence i got up at 4,30 to milk 85 cows by hand a lot of the timethen pushbike 12miles to school were i did very well at rugby {1st fifteen both yrs }i very solly me not rite better .By thr way G. Fogg goes on an on an on he must have gone to school untill he got married. i heard from a reliable sauce he was nicknamed TUSY TARLER

no bry3500--auckland

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 105angria View Post
    Love the work on the Mcbegg fantastic ,what group of JENKS discriptions does it fit in ,? maybe the chicks only lay down in the Gustaxie Bry
    hard to fit the McBegg in on that list Angria

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    to rogered from hamilton--i have put the story up.
    Great

you again bry35oo from MELBOURNE, thats right park the custaxie on the side of the road,that runs down the back of pukekohe and walk over the railway lines to have a look at the racing for the day--44 years ago and having fun doing it.i was told by crash from levin nz that the custaxie ended up some place in australia

i do understand bry 3500 from melbourne, its called having some fun-shit whats that--mmmm having a laugh.

to calo, its all there to read on the roaring season.

i find him harder to pin down than a donkeys tail

Yep lets just get on with the real thing and let this settle,

to geebeenz-- what more has to be said on how ,the old custaxie end up after they stopped racing the old girl.if you take the time you will see what you want to know on the roar season.so you know tony krilitech,--now they say he was the main man behind making up the old car.there are a lot who would like to hear his story ,on how he went about making up the custaxie that robbie raced in 1967.i for one would like to know what diff he used in the car,could you ask him to put something up on this car.

now mr jim short,the fishing day is over for today a long with you others out there-as my boy would say its beer a clock time-and the news is about to start --so that will do for the day.

Banned
    LIKE BEING IN A ROOM FULL OF OLD WOMEN.

Time to step in Steve!

may be but never drove at 120 mph with a trailer!!!!

This thread seems to have run into a brick wall.

World Champion
    It sure has. I think we have all given up trying to decipher the hints and inuendos of Mr Custaxie. What I would like this gentleman to do is to start with a clean sheet and a clear head, and tell us in PLAIN ENGLISH, that we can all understand, his involvement with THE Custaxie......not the replica...the REAL thing. Despite what you say custaxie50, you have NOT told us all that you claim to have....you keep telling everyone that you have 'posted on roaringseason. Well I think I am reasonably educated, and apart from a few hints, nothing of any substance has appeared on these pages. If you do put pen to paper, you will be our hero, as another important piece of the life of THE Custaxie will be down on paper for posterity. Do you think for the sanity of all the contributors to this thread that this is possible?? You could perhaps start with the day you saw the car for sale, then its purchase, your time with it, maybe some mechanical specifications, and lead up to the time you sold it....perhaps you can remember who you sold it too, and even the price you got for it, and it's condition when you sold it. All of this guff is priceless information to future owners. We don't care if maybe you wrecked it for instance, times were different back then and we didn't appreciate history like we do now. So it's up to you Sir......and remember, PLAIN ORDINARY ENGLISH.........I ain't holdin me breath.