Re the Findlays Bakeries 1200 coupe I bought it off Steve Emson (who had won the 0 - 1300 class in the Bank of New South Wales series in 1976) as Shellsport 2 litre made my 13B Mazda RX3 coupe ineligible. The 1977 season in the Datsun I ended up 6th and then the following season I bought one of the Nissan Cherry motors from Reg Cook, drysumping it and moving it back in the car as well. I ended up 3rd in the 1978 series behind Reg and Bryce Platt. Our main problem was shredding gearboxes as we were not allowed to use the 5 speed competition box. At the same time Greg Lancaster built another Findlays car from a spare coupe I had bought using my previous season's motor and spare parts we had amassed. The following season Greg ran the car in Sanyo colours and it was later sold down in Palmerston North. The 1979 season I only contested the North Island rounds and ended up 6th in the series again. After that I only raced it at Pukekohe occasionally and the Datsun sat around until the mid 80's and as I was racing a Lotus Cortina in the historics I talked my late, great friend Glenn Jones into running the Datsun again which he did successfully for a couple of seasons in Dark Green Slumbertime colours then Glenn bought his OSCA Commodore/Chev. I sold the Datsun to Brian Roycroft with Glenn's assistance and it still had the same original 1300 Cherry motor. The Group 5 "Aero" grille was not allowed in Shellsport which is why I did not use it. The same car is now owned by Duncan Hedges but has been altered a lot and I think now runs a Toyota motor. It's best time ever at Pukekohe was 1.10.6 on the old unimproved bumpy track. Cheers, Rex Findlay 0274935279