They are not showing him as running at Warwick Farm

Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    According to www.sergents.com.au it shows 1962 results as:
    Ardmore 6th Jan 1962 Moss 1st Lotus 21
    Levin 13th Jan 1962 Moss 2nd Cooper T55
    Lady Wigram 20th 1962 Jan Moss 1st Lotus 21
    Teretonga 27th Jan 1962 Moss 2nd Cooper T53

They are not showing him as running at Warwick Farm
    CRC, same Lotus 21 Ardmore GP and Wigram the Lady Wigram Trophy but the Cooper at Levin Cooper T55, Teretonga Cooper T53, maybe the first note "T55 " is a Typo ..

Stirling Moss Cooper T53

I'm assuming Nick Topliss has recently acquired this car from the Valdez estate in the US?

I know that this car was in the Lukey museum at Phillip Island in 1981. The catalogue for the venue has the car shown twice. At that point the ownership was attributed to Ray Gibbs. He worked for Cooper in the 1950s. I just wish I knew the missing pieces of the jigsaw between 1962 and 1981. Last I was aware Ray isn't in the best of health.

Moss had 2 cars for the 1962 New Zealand and Australian International races (officially the Tasman title didn't kick in until 1964). So did Jack Brabham, because Teretonga and Warwick Farm were just one week apart.

Stirling won in the Cooper at Warwick Farm. The Moss 'All my races' book covers the reason he decided to run the Cooper, rather than the Lotus. He then went off to Daytona, while the others went to Lakeside and Longford. then back to Australiia for Sandown. He ran the Lotus at Sandown (1st ever meeting there), despite the 'All my races' book stating the Cooper was run there

April 1962 Modern Motor has a good WF report by David McKay. There's other stuff too, but it will have to wait to be mentioned.

Stephen