Thread: New Zealand ShellSport Saloon Series 1978 - 1985

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Habu View Post
    Is the 120Y ahead of the Leckie car in the last photo, the ex-Cook car later owned by Steve Gill?
    I cant remember Reg ever running a 120y , but this is Grant Aitken in one of the two he ran . I think this is the latter car of the two , the original being campagned by ( I think , and stand to be corrected ) Ken Sagar and Gary Love . It may have become an SS2000 runner . Some one with a much greater knowledge may be able to elaborate !

Quote Originally Posted by shellsport View Post
    I cant remember Reg ever running a 120y , but this is Grant Aitken in one of the two he ran . I think this is the latter car of the two , the original being campagned by ( I think , and stand to be corrected ) Ken Sagar and Gary Love . It may have become an SS2000 runner . Some one with a much greater knowledge may be able to elaborate !
    Thanks for that - for some reason I thought the 120Y that Steve had, was ex Cook. I remember Cook built an L20 for him when he ran the car in the NZ Sports Sedan series (when the class was split into capacity classes, but all raced together), possibly back in the late 80's / early 90's.....