What a great site. I stumbled upon it yesterday and joined straight away. I'm currently living in Scotland, though will be back in NZ very soon for an extended period.

On 3 February 1980, there were Production Saloon support races for the Aurora AFX Series Finale for Formula Pacific cars at the Pukekohe circuit. George Bunce raced a Hot Mustard E49 Charger on the day that had been prepared by Trevor McLean. The owner's permission for the car to compete had been requested by Trevor and George had been invited to race the car subject to paying for its preparation! After qualifying second fastest, the car was unfortunately retired in the first race with a frost plug failure. In the following handicap race for Production Saloons and Sports Sedans, the car finished fourth. I understand the field to have also included the 340ci McDonald Charger, Trevor McLean's E38 Charger (E49 spec) and a Limelight E49 Charger. I'm told the Limelight Charger had problems in practice, so a frost plug was removed from this car and fitted to the Bunce E49. It would be great to see photos from the day. The Bunce E49 wore number 90.

Trevor performed most of the maintenance on the Hot Mustard E49 and even borrowed the driveshaft on one occasion when he suffered balancing problems at a race meeting with his own Charger.

The car is incredibly quick, remains unrestored and has been owned by me for the past 24 years.