Thread: The Roaring Season Questionnaire: Please Read And Reply

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. The biggest issue in making this a pay subscription site is not the guys who've said they won't pay, but the people who've not said anything at all. Although there has been a good response both on here and through private emails to me from those happy to pay, there hasn't been nearly enough response for me to know if by taking that step I won't jeopardize the site. Even though in a way I have nothing to lose by trying it, given the site really doesn't generate any income, I've put nearly 2 years of work into it, and I don't really want to risk that.

So at this stage I'll need to build the finances through other means, such as advertising, and the offer made by John at SPR Models, which itself could prove quite beneficial if enough people get in behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. The biggest issue in making this a pay subscription site is not the guys who've said they won't pay, but the people who've not said anything at all. Although there has been a good response both on here and through private emails to me from those happy to pay, there hasn't been nearly enough response for me to know if by taking that step I won't jeopardize the site. Even though in a way I have nothing to lose by trying it, given the site really doesn't generate any income, I've put nearly 2 years of work into it, and I don't really want to risk that.

So at this stage I'll need to build the finances through other means, such as advertising, and the offer made by John at SPR Models, which itself could prove quite beneficial if enough people get in behind it.
    Steve

It's over 19 months since the last post on this matter and I'm curious about how you've got on.
    I visit TRS every day, get a lot from it and are quite prepared to put my hand in my pocket (or in my wife's handbag) to help keep it going if necessary. I'd be very upset if the site folded.

Anyway, just asking for an update.

David Hunter