Hi All I went to Pukekohe today. Arrived at 12.30 and was able to drive straight to the circuit through the Puke township. A lot of parking on the market gardens leading into the circuit area on the right. I managed to sqeeze in a ride around the circuit in the safety car between classes. Circuit still bumpy as no work has been done to that and looks like a lot of concrete barriers laid around the circuit, just cause they had them!
The ones on the inside of the back straight make that quite intimidating and I can't see much point in them? Kerbs are high to keep V8's off them, but a Formula Junior would be catapulted to Mars! The dog leg in the back straight is hard to pick up at speed, as the circuit falls away and the turn-in is not defined in any way. It would be especially hard in a low single seater. Many cars were going straight ahead, especially the F5000 demo. When the marquees come down on Monday, we will still have a skeleton pit structure with a leaking plywood roof, a control room about as usable as the Jenian homes building, some concrete behind the pits for parking on and that's about it. Pukekohe circuit would be a better place if they can find some money to level and reseal the track. Tony Cochrane called the bumps 'character', but it's 'character' like a pit bull has when it keeps trying to bite you!
Lets hope it works for them, as it is a showcase of Motorsport to the general public and we need to support it.