Thread: PUKEKOHE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerT View Post
    Hi All I went to Pukekohe today. Arrived at 12.30 and was able to drive straight to the circuit through the Puke township. A lot of parking on the market gardens leading into the circuit area on the right. I managed to sqeeze in a ride around the circuit in the safety car between classes. Circuit still bumpy as no work has been done to that and looks like a lot of concrete barriers laid around the circuit, just cause they had them!
    The ones on the inside of the back straight make that quite intimidating and I can't see much point in them? Kerbs are high to keep V8's off them, but a Formula Junior would be catapulted to Mars! The dog leg in the back straight is hard to pick up at speed, as the circuit falls away and the turn-in is not defined in any way. It would be especially hard in a low single seater. Many cars were going straight ahead, especially the F5000 demo. When the marquees come down on Monday, we will still have a skeleton pit structure with a leaking plywood roof, a control room about as usable as the Jenian homes building, some concrete behind the pits for parking on and that's about it. Pukekohe circuit would be a better place if they can find some money to level and reseal the track. Tony Cochrane called the bumps 'character', but it's 'character' like a pit bull has when it keeps trying to bite you!
    Lets hope it works for them, as it is a showcase of Motorsport to the general public and we need to support it.
    So where did the $10 mill go.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    So where did the $10 mill go.
    Managers fee's, Consultants Fee's, Back handers, Contractor pay off's, Contractors over charges, Lobby Fee's, divvy up amongst mates, come on guys you all know how it works!!

All above board offcourse

Dale M