Thread: Ronnie & Barbro Peterson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Ronnie Peterson Statue Orebro
    Name:  800px-Ronnie-peterson-statue.jpg
Views: 2479
Size:  158.2 KB

You know, I do not have alot of early F1 memories, However there are 4 incidents, 2 deaths, 2 races that are indelibly marked on my memory, First seeing the crash that eventually killed Peterson on the news, second being woken on the 8th May 1982 by my father to the news of Villeneuves death, then within weeks the Monaco GP1982 shown '"Live" on TVNZ, then seeing the San Marino Gp at a car show in Palmerston North, a race i rewatched only a month ago, brilliant driving by Arnoux, Pironi and Villeneuve, such a shame of how that all ended.

Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    Ronnie Peterson Statue Orebro
    Name:  800px-Ronnie-peterson-statue.jpg
Views: 2479
Size:  158.2 KB

You know, I do not have alot of early F1 memories, However there are 4 incidents, 2 deaths, 2 races that are indelibly marked on my memory, First seeing the crash that eventually killed Peterson on the news, second being woken on the 8th May 1982 by my father to the news of Villeneuves death, then within weeks the Monaco GP1982 shown '"Live" on TVNZ, then seeing the San Marino Gp at a car show in Palmerston North, a race i rewatched only a month ago, brilliant driving by Arnoux, Pironi and Villeneuve, such a shame of how that all ended.
    Something went down in the pits with Villeneuve, and may not have had a clear head when he went out for the last time maybe oldfart knows.As for Pironi was he the one who was killed in a boat race.