Thread: SKOPE & SFOS meetings @ ChCh, Levels,& Teretonga - Photo Thread.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Im so impressed with this new form of classic racing Jac that im coming for a look myself, such a trend overseas in classic racing and that you southerners have cottoned onto it so early its a must see!!LOL

Car mad, its cheaper to ship and race in Australia than going south, I know as I've crossed to the "mainland" several times. But not only that, historic racing in Australia is more categorized hence one can race against similar cars and really Queensland is just like being in NZ anyway. And as a matter of interest, when I shipped my Mustang up to California back in 2010 it was only marginally dearer than doing all 3 rounds down south.

Over to you "Jac Mac"

Dale M
    Maybe you need to look into just shipping the car south in a container then Dale, drop it off in ChCh & pick it up in Bluff, only thing might be that reef just out from Tauranga.. IIRC your car seemed to lose performance down south though, perhaps our air is better quality, less polluted with BS & all in spite of the influx of NI dairy people. I see Mr Hoffman figuring in the mylaps.
    Jokes aside, it costs just as much if not more for southerners to venture north for events and its interesting to note the difference between airfare costs from say Wgn to Akl vs Ch Ch to Inv.
    Ive always wondered why MSNZ are paying for stewards & drivers observers from down our way to attend tier 1 events in the NI, do you not have suitable people in your region to do those tasks?

But enough of that, back to pics n videos fom Skope & others.
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 01-31-2014 at 10:52 PM.