Thread: PUKEKOHE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    To go back to the concrete jungle again for just a moment. I have just watched the aussie v8s at Winton and the lack of barriers puzzles me. Can anyone explain why Winton has little or no barriers or wire catch fences and a gum tree in the middle of one of the corners and Pukekohe is like it is?
    Rather than some of the answers posted... I was told by someone on the inside of the deal that either our friend Mr Cochrane or the V8 Supercar organisation bought the barriers from Hamilton at a very low price, then passed them on to Auckland City/Pukekohe for a substantial profit and insisted on their use. This has never been officially confirmed nor denied. I would be interested to know the real truth though

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Rather than some of the answers posted... I was told by someone on the inside of the deal that either our friend Mr Cochrane or the V8 Supercar organisation bought the barriers from Hamilton at a very low price, then passed them on to Auckland City/Pukekohe for a substantial profit and insisted on their use. This has never been officially confirmed nor denied. I would be interested to know the real truth though
    100% correct

The damage infected on DJR #17 just shows the damage caused by these barriers. It is a race track for crying out loud not a street circuit. Check out the other circuits they race on and hello not a lot of barriers there. Politics in the true sense of the word.
    Dave Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    It is a race track for crying out loud not a street circuit. Check out the other circuits they race on and hello not a lot of barriers there.

Bang on, mate. Winton, anyone ?