Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A few more from Donington

This Bentley Boy was most impressive - wet or dry.
    Name:  214_0607_007b.JPG
Views: 1990
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  214_0607_031b.JPG
Views: 2024
Size:  151.4 KB

This is the normal trackside view - safety comes before the spectators' viewing experience.
    Name:  214_0607_177b.JPG
Views: 2753
Size:  131.7 KB

Sorry, but Atoms don't belong at this sort of meeting... Would have preferred a saloon car grid.
    Name:  214_0607_230b.JPG
Views: 1997
Size:  95.8 KB

Award for the dark glasses and white stick for missing the chequered flag for the end of practice - but it looks as though he had his eyes shut anyway!
    Name:  214_0607_239b.JPG
Views: 2024
Size:  109.3 KB

Showing a real patina of age - Cooper Monaco.
    Name:  214_0607_321b.JPG
Views: 2005
Size:  80.0 KB

Last edited by ERC; 06-08-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    This is the normal trackside view - safety comes before the spectators' viewing experience.
    Name:  214_0607_177b.JPG
Views: 2753
Size:  131.7 KB

They've struck again ! That'll be a result of Donington's disastrous decision to try and crack it for the British GP, having done all the ludicrous mods required they then got the elbow in the face and took ages to get back into operative action again. The V8 Supercars clowns have done the same thing to Wanneroo/Barbagallo, now I see Pukekohe is little more than a concrete canyon as well.
    Idiots...

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    They've struck again ! That'll be a result of Donington's disastrous decision to try and crack it for the British GP, having done all the ludicrous mods required they then got the elbow in the face and took ages to get back into operative action again. The V8 Supercars clowns have done the same thing to Wanneroo/Barbagallo, now I see Pukekohe is little more than a concrete canyon as well.
    Idiots...
    Agree. Everything done to cater for the elite classes and leave the ruins for 51 weeks of the year for the locals. Probably the best thing HD have done so far is to not kow-tow to the Aussie V8s.
    Cost me $30 to get in (plus $6 for a programme) for what was planned as an 8 qualifying sessions and 9 races. (Two races for the Atoms...).
    One race planned as a 45 minute race (2 driver option); 5 x 20 minutes, 1 x 15 minutes; 2 x 30 minutes.

When I left, just as practice was finishing, there would have been a max of 150 spectators.

It makes a visit to Goodwood so much more enjoyable because it is as it was. No catch fences and brilliant viewing.