Thread: Team Cambridge Monaro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Myth is correct, wind tunnel tests over the years have well and truly put that one to bed, but there are a lot of non believers out there who will swear on their grandmothers grave that it works and that they have to do that to get the engine temp down, and I have found over the years, that most of those don't understand why the damm thing gets hot in the first place!
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    Myth is correct, wind tunnel tests over the years have well and truly put that one to bed, but there are a lot of non believers out there who will swear on their grandmothers grave that it works and that they have to do that to get the engine temp down, and I have found over the years, that most of those don't understand why the damm thing gets hot in the first place!
    Roger
    I don't want to buy into myth or not. Nathans comment which I quoted was a discussion starter about hinges. If anyone wants to quote windtunnels etc, that is fine, however unless the actual vehicle being brought into the topic has been tested the theory is invalid. And yes I have actually spent time with windtunnels. Incredibly small differences can negate previous ideas. Angle of rake of the car itself, windscreens, nose shapes all (and not exclusively) can throw all prior ideas out the window. Generalisations do not apply.