Thread: Photos: The Keith Growden Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    MMmmmmm Ernie sold frank a hot mk 2 engine in the day ......... I remember Ernie had a hi roof & low roof mk 2 raced in the south island.. thought one went north ... just wanted conformation I do know who will know though thought this would be a bit of fun to find the facts.
    ok just talked to Dean Perky to get Cedric,s ph number as Cedric is the FORD info man [ after an hour talking of us racing mustangs pre 65 and where to buy the 850 hp muscle car ..nascar.. engines in N/C us ]. any way . the mk 2 was not one of Ernie,s but the mk3 engine !!! went to Frank which was mid mounted in his humber 80 & apparently blew to bits at Matamata Street race . Rods Mk 2 was bought else where from a chap in NI

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    ok just talked to Dean Perky to get Cedric,s ph number as Cedric is the FORD info man [ after an hour talking of us racing mustangs pre 65 and where to buy the 850 hp muscle car ..nascar.. engines in N/C us ]. any way . the mk 2 was not one of Ernie,s but the mk3 engine !!! went to Frank which was mid mounted in his humber 80 & apparently blew to bits at Matamata Street race . Rods Mk 2 was bought else where from a chap in NI
    From my understanding, Rods MK2 Zephyr was a travelling salesmans company car which Bruce McLean used to service, it had done quite high mileage and required either a reco engine or an overhaul, which the company weren`t prepared to shell out for, so Bruce did a deal for Rod, and Rod took the ex Tec Mec Chev V8 out of his coupe, sold the coupe to my father in law, and the famed Zephyr Corvette was created.

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    From my understanding, Rods MK2 Zephyr was a travelling salesmans company car which Bruce McLean used to service, it had done quite high mileage and required either a reco engine or an overhaul, which the company weren`t prepared to shell out for, so Bruce did a deal for Rod, and Rod took the ex Tec Mec Chev V8 out of his coupe, sold the coupe to my father in law, and the famed Zephyr Corvette was created.
    Thanks fullnoise , yep can relate to this heard a similar story yesterday , very interesting you ticked the box for me .. Thanks mate ...