Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
Avoiding all the 'issues' being bandied around here, can I just make a general point?

If someone takes the time and trouble to start and run a series, they invite the cars that they want to have on their grids. It's their call, pure and simple. I take my hat off to anyone who does run a series. If they want one of my cars, they'll say or I'd approach them and ask. And if they don't want me, it's their call. Thanks to John, Dale, Ray and all the others who make it possible to put these grids together.

Let's go racing.

JD
I agree John - it is the prerogative of someone to build a car and it is the prerogative of someone to run a series - if the two can match up then the car runs in the series and everyone is happy.

From reading earlier posts there has been some discussions regarding the "Custaxie". I have previously expressed my view on this and I think the matter is straightforward. The original Custaxie is long gone - the current car referred to as the "Custaxie" has (as far as I'm aware) no components of the original car. It is at best a modern homage to the original car but unfortunately not close to being a replica of it. It is great to see this homage car run but it is important to appreciate what it actually is as I fear that over time it may evolve into being portrayed as either the real thing or a restoration of the real thing when neither is correct .