Thread: Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This Gentleman, eats, breaths, digests, and loves his motorsport. It was a real pleasure to meet and spend time with Ken. I was sorry that I could not spend a bit more but things were happening. Ken is a true enthusiast who digs deep into the sport and is a wealth of knowledge.
    The photo is similar to one posted earlier, and thank you for the kind words about the team Ken, but you are also the true motorsport enthusiast. It was real pleasure, and we will have that beer.

Sorry Mike for not getting photos and reports to you but there was a IT problem.

We meet and spent time with both Bob and Nick Slade and it was real great to spend time with them, good Kiwi guys at heart and very good race car/engine gurus. It was a real coincidence that the border of the property we stayed at was an engineer who worked on race cars and had a shop next to Bob. So on first night we were sitting around the court yard haveing a cuppa tea when he walked in and we meet, offered him a cuppa and began chatting and found out he was an engineer and on asking he knew Bob. Between them they have worked on some pretty amazing machinery and are still.
    Bob was good enough to allow me to photograph some of his photos of days back in NZ. He had a lot more but as happens when you move things get lost sadly.

Also had the good fortune of Rob Kennard dropping in for a look and he came back the 2nd weekend with some of his old scrap book as well, but as above he had lost heaps in move.

I will post photos as I resize.
    Attached Images Attached Images