I know Pete had a huge archive of photos, video, cine, programs, posters and assorted memorabilia which he assiduously looked after. I occasionally visited the last Baypark office (open after the old track closed unless I'm mistaken) and most of the time he seemed to be filing stuff and telling tall tales with a thread of truth. A character was Pete "&#%$@! you!"

I was a kid who used to hang out at Baypark in the 60s when I was still at school and that era and the next 10 years or so is my favourite set of memories of racing. Last year I produced the DVD of the inaugural NZ Festival of Motor Racing which the Bruce McLaren Trust sell and I have further video projects in the pipeline. A pipedream at the moment is a "film" of big banger and single seater racing in NZ in the 60s and 70s.

I am seeking information on where Pete's precious collection may be, I have heard vague and unlikely rumours but nothing concrete. If anyone here may be able to steer me in the right direction the reward would be the inclusion into a future "film" of the era.

Hoping someone will contact me.

Murray Maunder