Thread: "Production Supercars" of the late 70's/early 80's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well if its the same box then you did a pretty good job of it then Jac Mac because its still in the car, still goin strong and before each race I leave the pits sideways onto the track. I can break most things but I have never broken a toploader. Most of my competitors have pulled them out and run a lighter Super T10. They usually break and I just keep on goin!! Jim had replaced the Sidchromes Toploader with an iron case super T10 and it was nothing but trouble so I pulled it out put in a close ratio toploader and have never had to touch it!! To finish first, first you must finish.

Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
    Well if its the same box then you did a pretty good job of it then Jac Mac because its still in the car, still goin strong and before each race I leave the pits sideways onto the track. I can break most things but I have never broken a toploader. Most of my competitors have pulled them out and run a lighter Super T10. They usually break and I just keep on goin!! Jim had replaced the Sidchromes Toploader with an iron case super T10 and it was nothing but trouble so I pulled it out put in a close ratio toploader and have never had to touch it!! To finish first, first you must finish.
    Have to agree re Top loaders , we had a wide ratio in mustang & Roly fitted a close ratio built by Derek at Puke , I must have had it in there four years & it did some miles but never punished it....my only concern it was SSoooooo heavy ...