Thread: Article: Ford Falcon Sprint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Great info guys!

Here is the superb Pete Cordts Falcon Sprint that contested a couple of very early Trans-Am races, and won a couple of SCCA A/Sedan championships. Now owned by Mike Eddy, it races with Historic Trans-Am, and looks beautiful! I think these cars look great with the bumpers removed.

Name:  _BBF7930.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  47.7 KB

More info here: http://www.historictransam.com/Drive...4Falcon17.html
    Great article in the latest (USA) Vintage Motorsport mag July/Aug issue about a 1963 Falcon Sprint built in England by a guy called Robin Ward. The Falcon complies with FIA regs which he says are more restrictive than US historic specs i.e. "No additional locating links,relocated pivot points or suspension tweaks and trickery as were commonly employed on our domestic Trans-Am, IMSA and even SCCA amateur series. The car also sits high and narrow by American "vintage" standards and runs a 320 but engine. Despite these disadvantages Ward shipped his car to east coast USA and raced at a major Road Atlanta historic series event,drove the " living snot" out of the Falcon and ran 1st in class/2nd overall in wet conditions. Reminded me of watching Gary Sprague running a much later model production class Falcon at Manfeild in the rain (back in I guess the '80s) on tippie toes, very smooth but certainly on the limit and of course at the front of the field. Like JR, a rain-master.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post

Great article in the latest (USA) Vintage Motorsport mag July/Aug issue about a 1963 Falcon Sprint built in England by a guy called Robin Ward. The Falcon complies with FIA regs which he says are more restrictive than US historic specs i.e. "No additional locating links,relocated pivot points or suspension tweaks and trickery as were commonly employed on our domestic Trans-Am, IMSA and even SCCA amateur series. The car also sits high and narrow by American "vintage" standards and runs a 320 but engine. Despite these disadvantages Ward shipped his car to east coast USA and raced at a major Road Atlanta historic series event,drove the " living snot" out of the Falcon and ran 1st in class/2nd overall in wet conditions. Reminded me of watching Gary Sprague running a much later model production class Falcon at Manfeild in the rain (back in I guess the '80s) on tippie toes, very smooth but certainly on the limit and of course at the front of the field. Like JR, a rain-master.
    Thanks Grant, would love to see that article.