Thread: Looks like I got something unexpected from the Roaring Season.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm not a frequent visitor anymore to RS but in the last week I have been getting a warning telling me that the RS Site is subject to "Phishing" and I am given the option to ignore and proceed to the site or cancel and not proceed.

I use a Mac at home where I get the message. I use Windows 10 at work and do not get it.

I waited a few days to see if the message would go but it persists so I eventually opted to come to RS because I knew this thread had been going for a while and wanted to see if anyone else was having similar experiences.

Last night, a day or so after going on the RS I received a message from Vodafone ( supposedly ) my ISP informing me that there had been an unauthorised attempt at accessing my Webmail account from France and to click on the link to access my webmail to check settings.

I was very suspicious of this to say the least, the link took me to a webpage which looks exactly like VFs webmail page login but I knew from the link address this was not genuine and did not go any further.

I write this only as a FYI exercise. The Phishing warning persists and the email supposedly from VF looks to be exactly that, a phishing attempt to get my details.

I can't say for sure whether accessing the RS led to me getting the email but I get no spam and have seldom if ever got such things so the timing would have to be a huge co-incidence for the two not to be related.

Name:  RS Phishing.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  81.9 KB
    Last edited by GPBK; 09-27-2017 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Add Attachment