In the early (ish) 2000's a friend called me from Ohio ( I was living in Baltimore) and asked if I was up for a trip to visit Lee Holman at his facility on the south side of the Charlotte Airport. Apparently an offer to purchase the site had been accepted and in preparation to moving premises, savings were possible in the purchase of parts and cars.
So off we went, met with Lee and one of his staff and had a great time looking, buying and talking.
ISTR amongst several cars, there were several Falcon Sprints.......Lee mentioned that these were "Monte Carlo" equipped. At the time, I THOUGHT that these were 'continuation' versions, rather like the MK-4 continuations that were under construction at that time....BUT my friend assures me that at least 2 of these were originals. They had ben stripped of most of their specialized mechanical parts and the shells sent to a local junk-yard.......where Lee was able to repurchase them some time later.....luckily they had not been crushed.
When Hank the Duece decided to end (temporarily, as it turned out) Ford's racing efforts, he ceded a ton of parts and all rights to various trade names, not the least being "GT-40"....to Holman Moody......similar deals occurred with other major Ford sub-contractors.
Anyway, these were the Falcon Sprints that I saw in the hanger that was then the base for H/M.......goodness knows where they are now...but i'm sure they wouldn't be hard to find