Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now that makes more sense. Several on one - costs about the same anyway.

It is not so much the Tee shirt business as such, but the printing, as all tee shirts are bought in. (Sad isn't it - way back in 1977 when I worked for a Marks & Spencer manufacturer in the UK, the total labour time to manufacture a top quality tee shirt was just 5 minutes...)

Do I take commissions Rhys? The answer is yes, but I need to sit down and get stuck in and be in the mood, so I don't really paint very often these days. My retirement mission was learning Ragtime piano, but the duff left hand put paid to that. I haven't manaqed more than 1 painting in any one year - and only 1 completed since we started cruising every winter! Cruising is now on hold so who knows.

Maybe when this next winter comes along, I could be motivated?

incidentally, Chaindrive might be interested in this. The side view paintings were based on drawings in a long defunct British modelling magazine called "Miniature Auto", by 'Malcolm T Firth'. I still have the magazines.

Many will also remember the excellent 'Profile' series of booklets of interesting cars. They also contained plan views of the subject. I still have 15 of them. Sample below. Most were purchased at reduced prices, possibly at the Racing Car Show held every January at Olympia.

Name:  152_0000 Connaught A.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  151.6 KB
    Last edited by ERC; 12-22-2017 at 06:24 AM.