Thread: What's the answer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    The question asked by Allan is "What's the answer?" I'd add the rider - "If there is one".
    Yes there is an answer, but I don't believe we'll ever see it as there are 1: too many people in high places with conflicting interests; 2: too many in the PC / elf and safety brigade that don't want to accept responsibility for anything, or blame anyone else, so they legislate every single thing so that no one can get hurt or anything else, thereby removing all personality, and the chance to be an individual like the old sports sedans / all comers / etc days, from the sport, and so we end up with Sing Song utes and Toyota 86's at "level 1" meetings. I hate to say it, but the writing has been on the wall for quite a while, and it's not being cleaned up, and doesn't ever look like it will.

TACCOC, HRC, and others have been to the AGM in Wellington several times trying to get well thought-out, common sense changes made to improve things, but get shot down in flames every time, so what's that telling you?

I didn't write what I really wanted to here, because I don't want the website to attract undue legal attention if someone had got their knickers in a twist, but I'm sure you've all read the news articles and the other forum about the wheels falling off, and can read between the lines....
    Last edited by Andrew Metford; 01-31-2018 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Metford View Post
    Yes there is an answer, but I don't believe we'll ever see it as there are 1: too many people in high places with conflicting interests;
    Andrew, as I explained.

"Simultaneously, the opportunity to gain positions of power became obvious within ANZCC (Now MSNZ) thus enabling politics to enter the scene, with the key being the monopoly established via the license to Federation Internationale de L’Automobile (“FIA”). And the rest is history."

As a result a very cunning undemocratic MSNZ constitution was established with the outcomes you point out. In another forum, some time ago, I pointed out how this could be broken but was ignored.

At the time I also pointed that everyone was pissing into the wind and it would appear that bladders remain full. LOL
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 01-31-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    Andrew, as I explained.

"Simultaneously, the opportunity to gain positions of power became obvious within ANZCC (Now MSNZ) thus enabling politics to enter the scene, with the key being the monopoly established via the license to Federation Internationale de L’Automobile (“FIA”). And the rest is history."

As a result a very cunning undemocratic MSNZ constitution was established with the outcomes you point out. In another forum, some time ago, I pointed out how this could be broken but was ignored.
    Got a link please? Must have missed that one.