Thread: Widebody S4 Lotus Seven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trevor
    Just as a side note, you old car is alive and well, having had a rebuild in Christchurch. The interesting thing about this car was in the early seventies it was on wire wheels

Quote Originally Posted by S4seven View Post
    Trevor
    Just as a side note, you old car is alive and well, having had a rebuild in Christchurch. The interesting thing about this car was in the early seventies it was on wire wheels
    S4seven or whoever,

Thanks for the info. Bolt on wire wheels? Are you certain?

The current owner should find that he has somewhere to put his left foot, he can operate the brake and clutch properly and heal and toe. The steering wheel is forwards for a straight arm position. It is not inclined to lift its inside rear wheel when cornering on the limit and it keeps its back feet on the ground. The steering rack is rigid and the mount is not cracked. Numerous persons have welded and brazed up the chassis frame at various points. The electrics should be much better than when new in various ways and the lights are lightweight and non standard. Much more, but it was a long time ago.

It was very sad when I got hold of it and I later learned that even then it had had a hard life, which included some racing. I am very surprised that it is still alive. Please advise the owner that I would very much like to make contact.

Trevor.