Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Another good looking addition to the HMC fields. Already the fields are bigger than we ever had 'in period' and will no doubt put on another great show for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Steve, one of the reasons they went away from the 200S(or Daisy) wheel was they had cracking problems and a few broke, the Minilite was new and also in magnesium and stronger so hence most went that way and the reason they became so popular back then!! but you are correct, the early gen 1 Camaro's look so good on 200S's and that's why I have Arrow 200S daisy's on my Mustang because in 69 that's what they ran, 70 onwards was mostly Minilites.

Dale M
    Yeah thats right Dale, although the original wheels were magnesium, whereas most of the modern copies are alloy. I assume the modern versions have been improved. Interestingly, the Bud Moore Mustangs appeared late in the 1969 season with the Daisy wheels fitted again, in place of the Minilites.

Quote - On the positive side this 69 Camaro has just recently been purchased out of the USA to race in HMC, the owner doesn't wish to be named but i can tell you "he will race it with us" once on NZ terra firma, unfortunately it to will miss the festival as well.

Dale, I am just a simple country boy and I have some difficulty trying to understand why someone would spend a truckload of dollars importing a car to race in HMC and doesn't want to be identified. If he doesn't want to be identified then why would he agree to having details of the car posted on TRS. I would say 99.9% of members on TRS would be most interested to know what the plans are - Replica, Tribute Car??? Am I missing something here?
    Cheers
    Dave Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Quote - On the positive side this 69 Camaro has just recently been purchased out of the USA to race in HMC, the owner doesn't wish to be named but i can tell you "he will race it with us" once on NZ terra firma, unfortunately it to will miss the festival as well.

Dale, I am just a simple country boy and I have some difficulty trying to understand why someone would spend a truckload of dollars importing a car to race in HMC and doesn't want to be identified. If he doesn't want to be identified then why would he agree to having details of the car posted on TRS. I would say 99.9% of members on TRS would be most interested to know what the plans are - Replica, Tribute Car??? Am I missing something here?
    Cheers
    Dave Graham
    Dave, he asked for his name to left out and I have to respect that, for whatever reason(I didn't ask)!!! he also doesn't know I've posted the Camaro up on TRS but have done so, so others can see what's coming to HMC as a class. Its just a pity we'll be way down on cars for the Festival considering the amount of HMC cars out there, bad timing for most BUT we will carry on regardless!!

Dale M

Pete "Mr Meat" 65 Mustang all ready to go for the Festival. Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In keeping with the Festival theme, at least Petes Mustang and my Camaro are red, and they sound a lot better than most of that Italian mob!

Oooh! Ferrari V12 on full song or American V8?

I did say `most' Ray !!

it does not take much to sound better than a 2 cyl fiat 500

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Pete "Mr Meat" 65 Mustang all ready to go for the Festival. Dale M
    Dale/Steve, how many HMC cars do we have for the festival?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Dale/Steve, how many HMC cars do we have for the festival?
    Have 10 HMC cars and 15 HSS cars!! We could add more HMC type vehicles if we want to break the rules, NOT!!

Dave, did you get my E-mail RE: Festival pass's? or Email me ASAP.

Dale M

Do you have an entry list for HMC/ U3L and HSS Dale?

Time to ramp up the excitment levels (assuming our fan base can stand the strain on their pacemakers).

Heres one for HMC, if I survive Saturday practice at HD.
    Might ramp up the excitement if we can use grid girls.I can use my home stay Valeria Lukyanova
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-08-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    I did say `most' Ray !!
    Only kidding! I love the sound of a V8 - otherwise I wouldn't have spent almost 10 years trying to get one on the road.

Looking forward very much to the Festival - or most of it anyway. BMW E30's don't really rock my boat, but if they have a full grid, I'll be a bit happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Wood View Post
    Do you have an entry list for HMC/ U3L and HSC Dale?

Time to ramp up the excitment levels (assuming our fan base can stand the strain on their pacemakers).
    No I don't Howard, well not the HSC cars but should know the total shortly and will put it up on here !!

The excitement is there regardless and certainly the interest in seeing properly presented historic saloon cars is the key!! Remember HMC and HSC is about representing our fabulous past motorsport saloon car racing history, that's what historic racing is about.

And we are missing about 10 HMC cars that are currently under construction, imported, timeframe, and some like Stacey and Cameron are just plumb worn out and need a break which I fully understand as our Aussie trip gave most a financial beating.

The Aussies will be back for 2015 with 10 cars as they are a rapidly growing group and HMC will also have more!! so its steady as she goes at this stage and although for this Festival the numbers are down we'll have NO non-compliant cars as this is also key, its like building a house, gotta get the foundations rite first..

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-08-2014 at 09:51 PM.

I (and everyone at Australian Trans-Am) just wanted to wish all you Kiwis a great fortnight of racing at the Ferrari Festival. Rumours are that you'll run into some Aussies there who are coming over to watch. Iwan and I won't be there, but we're looking forward to seeing Murray's footage from the weekend if he is there. Will hopefully come to film/photograph in 2015 when the rest of our cars come across to race, but we still have 2014 to get through first!!! It's a great thing we've got started here with the Trans-Tasman rivalry, and many people in Australia have been watching us and seeing how it will grow in the future. It was a great sight seeing a full capacity grid of muscle cars at QR and Lakeside when you guys were over here, and how the lap times are so even, despite the differences in the rules.
    Here are some of my photos from the Lakeside weekend (Hope everyone liked their CD's from the Queensland trip btw!!) + Mike's (Kiwi285) photo of the Lakeside Spirit trophy... because sometimes it's not just about who comes 1st 2nd or 3rd!! the best thing was about the trip over here was that every driver had another car of similar speed to race against!!

Name:  df7ml4.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  122.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_2130.JPG
Views: 736
Size:  171.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2197.JPG
Views: 724
Size:  176.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2529.JPG
Views: 760
Size:  146.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2588.JPG
Views: 738
Size:  122.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_3194.JPG
Views: 709
Size:  131.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DewiAusTransAm View Post
    ... because sometimes it's not just about who comes 1st 2nd or 3rd!! the best thing was about the trip over here was that every driver had another car of similar speed to race against!!
    Dewi, how old are you young fella? because those are profound words from someone so young!! and we worry about the younger generation not understanding or been interested in old historic car racing when i struggle even to get my generation to understand what its about, you put a smile on my face today you have

Crunch, if you read this and from post 996 there you go, our future is safe(as long as WE don't F&*k it up)

Dale M

The life and motor racing career of Ivan Segedin are being celebrated by Historic Muscle Cars at the 2014 New Zealand Festival of Motor Racing. These A3 sized posters of Ivan in his legendary Mustang, which I've just finished making, will be made available for those who get in early! My thanks to Terry Marshall for supplying the stunning images.

Name:  Ivan Segedin Poster s.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  140.4 KB

Another great poster to add to the collection Steve. Unfortunately Ivan don't be there to sign the posters mores the pity.

Dewi - those are prophetic words and we are all looking forward to the next visits between the two groups. It will be difficult to outdo 2013's effort for friendliness and great comraderie with an excellent field of cars driven with respect and care. And yes another 14 months will allow the fields on both sides of the Tasman to swell. It is great to see some variety from the Mustang's and Camaro's and we have better fields now than we ever had in period. Talking to one of the people at Lakeside and he mentioned that historic racing is the growth side of motorsport in Australia and I wouldn't mind betting that the same applies in NZ too.

Mike

I took the XA Coupe out to Hampton Downs for a shake down run before the Ferrari meet next weekend.
    A far cry from last year when I took an unfinished car out just to make up the back end of the field.
    Lots of Porsches and not a Ferrari in sight.
    Happily the car got through unscathed and only 3 last niggling problems to take care of.