Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Super cool guys , thanks for sharing these beaut times & piks you are having , enjoy , plus the WIN.... soooo cool

World Champion
    Some of my pics from Lakeside, I have misplaced the lead for my camera so these are off my partners phone.

Name:  IMAG0170.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  155.9 KB

Name:  IMAG0171.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  157.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0172.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  IMAG0176.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  154.6 KB

Name:  IMAG0178.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  157.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0179.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  152.1 KB

World Champion
    Name:  IMAG0181.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  156.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0182.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  159.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0180.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  159.4 KB

Name:  IMAG0183.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  130.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0184.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  157.0 KB

Name:  IMAG0185.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  157.5 KB

World Champion
    Name:  IMAG0187.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  158.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0186.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  153.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0190.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  155.8 KB

Name:  IMAG0191.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  157.4 KB

#797 Beautiful, thats what you call trying in a Camaro, bet that had them sitting up and taking notice, not a slow looking corner either, you beaut, awesome. Bet there was a big smile under that helmet.

Semi-Pro Racer
    I have been hunting for photos of the Fahey Mustang from people I know that went that post their photos on Facebook and have only found one and it had a dirty big watermark across it that virtually made the car impossible to see. Its like it was invisible to everyone. Plenty of the Geoghegan Mustangs sitting right next to it. Dewi got the closest with half a front and a sign board lol

at lakeside I met Mike, well Kiwi285 to everyone on here, he may have some shots of the fahey mustang, he probably isn't home in NZ yet, but look out if he posts some photos on here

Yeah, I'd be keen to get a look at the Fahey Mustang as well, from the few glimpses we've had it looks to be in pretty much original condition. Yum.

Been one great experience guys, many thanks to alot of people. Dewi and Iwan Jones two great young fellas that we've now adopted as Kiwis and all the other Aussies that made us welcome, and all the kiwis that live over here that came to Lakeside to support us.

Steve Elliott, thanks a million mate stand up and take a bow you done a wonderful job and has taken on board what HMC is all about, plus all the other HMC racers and there crew, this is something we'll remember for along time.

The "cars really are the stars" and long may it continue

Dale Mathers

Yes, well done all, what started as probably a pretty good idea has turned out to be bloody ripper for all concerned.
    In the right background of the first pic of Sean's post #805 of Dale's Mustang is the hi-viz vested, camera-toting Murray Maunder, looking forward to seeing his moving pictures of the weekend !

There are so many people that helped us kiwis over the two meetings, but for me Lakeside was always going to be special. When Dale asked me earlier in the year to help him organise this trip, I wanted to take the Camaro over there anyway, so all the other stuff that needed to be sorted out for everyone just became more work! From Jim Richards taking us on the minibus track tours, the Saturday night function, going to the Bowdens, Anthony Tenkates `toy shop', and the actual racing, I had a ball. For those that have raced at Lakeside, you`ll know what I mean by `respect the rollercoaster' because get off line and it`ll bite you. Thanks to everyone that got behind what we were trying to achieve, and to the guys that came over on the supporters trip I hope you got what you paid for, we were all there for the same reason...... to enjoy ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Steve Elliott, thanks a million mate stand up and take a bow you done a wonderful job and has taken on board what HMC is all about, plus all the other HMC racers and there crew, this is something we'll remember for along time.
    Thanks Steve you're a bloody legend, i can only imagine the hours that you have put into organising every detail. A totally professional job all round, you have set one helluva high benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Yes, well done all, what started as probably a pretty good idea has turned out to be bloody ripper for all concerned.
    In the right background of the first pic of Sean's post #805 of Dale's Mustang is the hi-viz vested, camera-toting Murray Maunder, looking forward to seeing his moving pictures of the weekend !
    I was helping Murray on the weekend and gave him alot of footage, his video will be posted soon, I will make one that will hopefully be up in the next week!!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Another album here; Hope the link works
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2983758&type=1

Hi all,

My first post, but hardly my first visit to this forum.

As a mad muscle car fan and a Kiwi across the ditch I'd like to thank all involved and congratulate all on a brilliant two weekends of racing. The efforts and commitment in having 8 cars over here to promote the local trans am series was well worth while from a fans perspective

A couple of highlights for me was to see Dale overtake John English on the outside of turn three at QR. Planned or not it looked impressive and then at Lakeside seeing Craig have the Javelin all crossed up heading into the kink and giving Murray a love tap ( I think Murray eased off a little heading into the kink). I'm not sure, but assume a change of underwear was required before the next race!

It was a pleasure to meet some of the guys Steve, Dale, Nigel, Craig and others. A great series is well under way and even though I'm over the ditch I'll continue to follow it closely and must get over to Hampton Downs to see you all race on home soil.

Cheers
    Kyle

PS Will post some pics soon.

On behalf of everyone at the Australian Trans-Am Association, we thank all the kiwis who have made the trip over to race with us at the two rounds, especially to the fans who came to Lakeside.. for me, it truly was an unforgettable weekend, and one that I will reflect on for a long time.. It was an honour to be able to shoot the drivers parade from the back of a ute on Sunday..
    I'd like to thank Steve Elliott for all his hard work, including awarding my brother and I a hot lap with Jim Richards in his Porsche cup car, and it was a thrilling experience, although he managed a cruisy 1.00.67 around Lakeside, his quickest was a 54.6 with John Harris of Bryan Byrt Ford fame, and Jim reckons with new slicks on, he could have got a 49, which for those who have been there, is very, very fast... I'd like to also thank Dale Mathers for starting the bond our two categories share, and Mike Coory from Health House coming over to support us aswell, I hope all you kiwis had a great day at Bowdens and Anthony Tenkate's garage, I was at school that day unfortunately, but Iwan showed me the photos.. Anthony has quite a collection!!!

Another thankyou to Murray Maunder for helping out over the weekend, STAY TUNED FOR VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS!!

You can see my pics from the weekend on the previous posts by Steve Holmes

Looking Forward to the next meeting!
    Dewi

Fantastic video here put together by Dewi Jones, from the Australian Trans-Am Association. Awesome work Dewi! Turn up the volume folks: