Thread: New Zealand Historic Saloon Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just a thought for those wiser than me.

So what's available for the Production Grand Touring "GT" cars? Not the sports cars that keep being referred to, but the GT cars as defined by FIA or production class B/C for the Americans. The period correct 2 seater E Types, Corvettes, 240Z's, TR's etc.

In a country where we have a limited pool of period correct cars I would have thought we would be encouraging as many of these to be out there as possible. Not forcing these ones to be moth balled in sheds.

One could argue that these cars need their own grid. But that simply serves to dilute the grids of the classes that they could easily fit in (better fit than in a "sports car" grid).

Would be a shame to see them go. But hey the cars the star right?
    Last edited by Limezed; 09-01-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limezed View Post
    Just a thought for those wiser than me.

So what's available for the Production Grand Touring "GT" cars? Not the sports cars that keep being referred to, but the GT cars as defined by FIA or production class B/C for the Americans. The period correct 2 seater E Types, Corvettes, 240Z's, TR's etc.

In a country where we have a limited pool of period correct cars I would have thought we would be encouraging as many of these to be out there as possible. Not forcing these ones to be moth balled in sheds.

One could argue that these cars need their own grid. But that simply serves to dilute the grids of the classes that they could easily fit in (better fit than in a "sports car" grid).

Would be a shame to see them go. But hey the cars the star right?
    Yep, you're right, something similar needs to be done for GT and production sports cars. But who will step up? The same set of MSNZ T&C or Schedule K rules could be used, and undoubtedly the cars would come.

My footage from Sunday race one at the MG Classic. Great racing!