Thread: Does anyone know what happened to the Barry Wearing 67 Z28 SS Camaro, sold in 74-75

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    [QUOTE=nick_tassie;10761]Yeah its an interesting possibility Steve, too many boxes ticked not to ignore or rule it out.

When I think about to possibilities of what might have happened after almost 40 years you tend go crazy thinking about it, but while there's an still an unanswered question and just a slight hope of the next lead being around the corner we will keep trying.

I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone actively trying to track down the Beechey Camaro, not to say its not happening. Am I correct in saying that car was also believed to have been returned back to a road car. I did read someone thought it was sighted for sale in a Victorian car yard at some point.

Nick of Tassie!!! I wrote on another Forum that I had negotiated the purchase of this Camaro,but my pay-out on my HK Holden V8 was was to high and I took Chris Farrell with me to check the car over as he was responsible for most of the body fabrication work with Norm/ Moffat/Jane at that time....it was black with the 'white' nose stripe..Norm painted the 'Speedshop'support Panelvan to match at that time...with regards thunder427/MJ

Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
    Nick of Tassie!!! I wrote on another Forum that I had negotiated the purchase of this Camaro,but my pay-out on my HK Holden V8 was was to high and I took Chris Farrell with me to check the car over as he was responsible for most of the body fabrication work with Norm/ Moffat/Jane at that time....it was black with the 'white' nose stripe..Norm painted the 'Speedshop'support Panelvan to match at that time...with regards thunder427/MJ
    Yes I recall you mentioning the HK Holden issue now. So did Chris confirm to you that the car you were looking at was indeed the ex beechey race car. As Steve has said it was a damn nice looking race car, it must be annoying to have gotten so close to securing it at one point. You wouldn't think there would be all that many black 68 Camaro's running around with the white nose....?