Thread: The Barrie McBride Collection part 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Second photo - I was standing alongside after this race when the Clerk of Course gave Cobber Hurley (the Healey driver) a dressing down for not rejoining the circuit at the point he'd spun off it

I'm sure everyone will recognise the other car in that pic as Stuart Donnelly's Zephyr Special...

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    Second photo - I was standing alongside after this race when the Clerk of Course gave Cobber Hurley (the Healey driver) a dressing down for not rejoining the circuit at the point he'd spun off it

I'm sure everyone will recognise the other car in that pic as Stuart Donnelly's Zephyr Special...
    Stuart Donnelly the pharmacist from Foxton?

Also wonder if the A40 Farina in the same group of pics is the Brian Ax, Palmerston North car.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Stuart Donnelly the pharmacist from Foxton?

Also wonder if the A40 Farina in the same group of pics is the Brian Ax, Palmerston North car.

David the A40 is Kerry Grant. I got to see the Brian Ax A40 very regularly in my last few years at Palmerston North Boys High, because his son, Clark drove it to school every day once he was able to drive to school.
    Just talking to dad he was saying that its Tony in the Peugeot and Doug in the Lola in post #2