Thread: Hampton Downs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Im sure there's alot more happening here that we could ever imagine!! first Hampton is privately owned and although it would be nice to see Hampton have the V8's and get finished can you imagine the public outcry of rate payers and gov money been spent on a privately owned race track,
    With respect Dale, I don't see a lot of difference between the taxpayers and ratepayers money going into a track owned by a private company (Hampton Downs) or a track owned by a limited membership club (Counties Racing Club who owns the Pukekohe track). Both entities are essentially private organisations, not public bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    With respect Dale, I don't see a lot of difference between the taxpayers and ratepayers money going into a track owned by a private company (Hampton Downs) or a track owned by a limited membership club (Counties Racing Club who owns the Pukekohe track). Both entities are essentially private organisations, not public bodies.
    Yes, but the Counties Racing Club is a membership organisation benefiting the members(supposedly) which is probably many persons so the spread of funds would look to be allot more fairer were as Hampton is owned by 2 individuals or a company with shareholders(not sure how its structured) but what im really trying to say is its more HOW it would be perceived to the general public because we all know that any and all funding/$$ spent is going to be under extreme public scrutiny!!just need to read the herald this morning to know that!! and im not sure what Hampton's take is on all this as there's certainly been little or no mention in the papers or TV, in fairness its probably best they keep it that way and just carry on, business as usual(i guess)

Also, look at the Sydney Homebush street race held just down the road from Eastern Creek, you can't tell me that ain't political manoeuvring at its best!! without getting into detail, GO FIGURE?

As for me personally, i only ever went to the first and last Hamilton V8 race and that's only because i got a free invite, its not me so don't see me paying in the future, best watched on TV!! if Hampton held a Classic/Historic event on the same weekend, that's where I'd be!!

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 07-09-2012 at 07:06 AM.