No progress phots, as I really haven't made much progress yet! Bought the van, and a bunch of NOS panels and parts, plus the engine, 9" diff etc. Still collecting parts for it ATM. There are a few Transits around that have been restored and are being used as period rally service vehicles, really nicely done too, mostly running V8's. Quite a movement worldwide in historic racing circles for period transporters/tow vehicles. There is a thread somewhere on Ten Tenths with some amazing transporters that have been restored for this purpose.

Yep the wheels look a little out of place on the "Top Gear" Tranny, 17" centrelocks with massive widths! Apparently the story was the van was going to be scrapped after the engine testing was completed, but it somehow found its way into the hands of Lord March. (I really like it!)

I would guess the same re the original Supervan, the GT40 parts would have been first to disappear. Ironically those parts are relatively easy to replace.(if not exactly cheap!) It is the van (or bodyshell) that would be required for an original resto.Very low tech in comparison to Supervan II and III, but had much more character I think (and was the only one based on an original van) The wheels were specially made by Revolution for this project (and apparently all leaked like a sieve!) The track always looked a little odd to me, like the front was much wider than the back. But quite a famous piece, especially considering its very "limited" competition history!

Conrad