Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes. The Felday BRM at Prescott May 3rd 1970. Without resorting to race programmes and going entirely on memory, it was usually driven by Mac Daghorn and possibly, Peter Westbury.
    One of them had a beard - and the driver here is clean shaven! I think it was fitted with an 1800cc litre BRM V8, possibly an ex Tasman engine? I seem to remember it also appearing at a Curborough Sprint and also one of the Silverstone winter sprints.

PS: I have just dug out the programme and guess what? Must have been a late entry so was not listed in the programme! Will have to do a bit of googling I suppose.

Peter Westbury owned Felday engineering. The car was also driven in 1968 by John McCartney and I also remember John running no less than a F1 BRM V12 at Curborough! (Still in Marlboro livery.)

That 900 yard sprint course was extremely tricky to get right in any car. Most spectacular were Dave Preece in a DB4 or DB5 Aston Martin and the guys who shared a Morris Minor fitted with a supercharged 3.8 Jaguar engine... My other favourite was the late Alan Payne driving a Riley 1.5 with a Rover V8 engine "SMILEY Riley". The engine was later fitted to a Brabham and had a Nitrous Oxide kit fitted. Whoohoo!
    Last edited by ERC; 12-06-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Yes. The Felday BRM at Prescott May 3rd 1970. Without resorting to race programmes and going entirely on memory, it was usually driven by Mac Daghorn and possibly, Peter Westbury.
    One of them had a beard - and the driver here is clean shaven! I think it was fitted with an 1800cc litre BRM V8, possibly an ex Tasman engine? I seem to remember it also appearing at a Curborough Sprint and also one of the Silverstone winter sprints.

PS: I have just dug out the programme and guess what? Must have been a late entry so was not listed in the programme! Will have to do a bit of googling I suppose.

Peter Westbury owned Felday engineering. The car was also driven in 1968 by John McCartney and I also remember John running no less than a F1 BRM V12 at Curborough! (Still in Marlborough livery.)

That 900 yard sprint course was extremely tricky to get right in any car. Most spectacular were Dave Preece in a DB4 or DB5 Aston Martin and the guys who shared a Morris Minor fitted with a supercharged 3.8 Jaguar engine... My other favourite was the late Alan Payne driving a Riley 1.5 with a Rover V8 engine "SMILEY Riley". The engine was later fitted to a Brabham and had a Nitrous Oxide kit fitted. Whoohoo!
    Westbury had a beard - he may still. I seem to recall Jim Clark once tested the Felday.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    Westbury had a beard - he may still. I seem to recall Jim Clark once tested the Felday.
    Jim Clark raced the Felday 4 in the Guards Trophy race at Brands Hatch on August 29 1966. He was first in class in Heat 1 and retired from Heat 2.

Felday 4 was a 4wd sports car with a BRM 2-litre V-8 engine, completed in 1965 and raced with some success by Peter Westbury, Mac Daghorn and Jim Clark.