Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
Hi Graeme
I'll email you some pics of my Anglia in its current state, haven't done much work on the rebuild yet but have collected some goodies.
I also have a Mk1 Cortina GT which needs a rebuild,I'll probably fix that up as a road car. In the interim might borrow the 1500 engine and front struts for the Anglebox. The series I would run in is Sportscar Vintage Racing Association which recently changed ownership. The previous organisation which ran vintage racing on the east coast tracks handy to me approved the Cortina engine on the basis that we ran those specs in NZ back in the day. However waiting to hear from the new guys whether that still stands otherwise might have to run a 1200 (and front drum brakes instead of the Cortina discs).
Thanks for the email addresses! Grant
Grant ,
Anglia Supers ran Disc brakes ,bugger ,I had a set of Anglia Super Homoligation papers up until recently ,but gave them away , you should be able to get another set .don't forget they ran the 5 bearing engines and discs in the UK and Australia as well and the Allardette was sold in this form I believe ? I'll catch you on email after the New Year ,All the best ,Bob